Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tired

I'm in the limbo of being physically exhausted after getting back to St. Petersburg from a trip to Vladimir. My mind has great plans and things that need to be done and accomplished, processed and communicated, finished and started. My body refuses to do any of them choosing to sleep 16 hours a day. Eventually my mind finds peace in the Lord dwelling on Luke 10:20, "Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
No household projects have been started (mmm...no laundry has been done in the last three weeks :), no work has been done, no food purchased.
I've been spending a lot of time communicating with my beloved PCS students, watching the IT Crowd, reading Phil Smith's blog, pondering the peace of the closure of some personal stories, looking at my pictures of the Vladimir trip, looking at the pictures sent by a friend, listening to praise and worship songs, planning to eat Sushi and to buy some bananas for two days in a row and wondering if I could finagle the money to go to Peoria for the high school graduation in May.
Should I be able to afford the luxury of giving my body a chance to snap out of the "tiredness limbo", or should I force it out of such state?

As usual, not very informative and perplexing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sounds like jet-lag! Sometimes it helps to keep busy, and other times it is better to rest. I think that only God can answer this question for you.

    I don't know what to say, I am feeling rather exhausted myself for no apparent reason...

    ReplyDelete