Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Life Choice (on a smaller scale)

I keep telling the world that I haven't posted anything new in 5 months. Apparently, my posting and creative energy goes to communicating with my friends via emails, chat and Skype. I dare to post this little explanation as to encourage myself to post at least something once in awhile.

I find myself being overwhelmed with the choices that I need to make on a daily basis. I'm not talking about huge and important moral choices that affect your entire life. I'm referring to a huge number of various, seemingly unrelated tasks of work and daily life that one needs to accomplish during the day in the light of a steady stream of the new ones that are cheerfully being added to the "to do list." Things appear to be under control while the number of tasks is manageable.

Finally, the critical moment comes, and I look at the entire list and understand that I'm a slave of my "to do's", and, one way or another I have to complete these tasks. Yet, I keep struggling through figuring the order of my actions. Should I go to the store and buy groceries? Since I don't own a car it's a rather time consuming task. Should I go to this store and than another store? Should I go to church tonight and then go to the store? Should I do this work project right now, but I don't have the time to do the entire thing, so...should I not do it at all (it's a joke) Should I cook some food and do a load of laundry right now or later? And, two most unanswered questions for me are, "How do I lower my living expenses?" and "How do I motivate myself to go to bed earlier than four in the morning?"
Help! Should I write more here, or should I read my Bible and drink more coffee?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you updated! Ummm...about the bedtime thing: I don't really have a schedule right now, but in normal life, I found I was getting stomachaches when I went to sleep or woke up at odd times.

    So I sat down and thought, realistically, what times I could wake up and go to sleep fairly regularly. 10:00 is NOT a realistic bedtime, but 12:00 is okay IF I haven't left anything major to do before bed. 8:00 is an okay time to wake up, and then it isn't too hard to wake up at 7:00 on occasion.

    Anyway, my point is that 1) routine is good and 2) being realistic is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, but then I still can't figure out why is it so difficult to go to bed earlier in St. Petersburg. I've noticed that when I'm in the US I tend to go to bed MUCH earlier. I'm perplexed :)

    ReplyDelete