Monday, September 15, 2008

The Ultimate Procrastinator

A friend has reminded me a few days ago that I haven't posted anything to my blog in over a month. It seems so unreal, as I have thoughts that continue to spin in my head at a warp speed that need to be thought through, expressed and written down, and people that I need to talk to, and work and projects that need to be done. Yet, seemingly, I don't do any of it, as if I suddenly fell out of the loop of life. Have I arrived and become the ultimate procrastinator, secretly hoping that if I wait just a little longer I won't have to deal with anything, or is it my preservation instinct that pushes all of the really important things to the back of mind and numbs the reality of life with my sweet companions, "Monk" and "Psych" TV shows?

So, what about all these things that need to be said and figured out, and life to be lived? I don't know what to say,...but another ultimate procrastinator is born :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome profile photo!

    Your post brings back a little bit of the terror of preparing for exams and writing papers that I've put off in the past. But that's okay. :)

    I think it's important to differentiate between procrastination and other obstacles. Sometimes you put something off because it's not a priority or there simply isn't time. What then? Reevaluate priorities? Let something go?

    I am a firm believer in lists. :) Even for my blog I keep a list of topics I would like to write about, or go into Blogger and take 2-3 minutes writing a very rough draft so that I will remember later what I wanted to say.

    Sometimes I have to keep a list of friends I want to see. It doesn't mean I forget about friends who aren't on "the list," but if I've taken the step to write it down, it's more likely that I will take action!

    ReplyDelete