Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Staycation I

Recently, I read about "staycation" as opposed to "vacation." The definition of staycation that I found in the urban dictionary is "a vacation that is spent at one's home enjoying all that home and one's home environs have to offer." It seems to be rather self-explanatory. For a number of reasons I'm not taking any vacations any time soon. So, I thought of taking a rather particular staycation on my blog - a road trip.
I think, in some ways I'm related to dogs - I get attached to people for life like a dog, and I love, and I mean, LOVE, road trips and running around and exploring. I don't drive - I find it a tremendous inconvenience, but for now it's a reality I have to live with. To me it's absolutely fascinating sitting in the seat on the right from the driver or in the back seat and looking around, talking about important and less important things (apparently, dogs do talk), taking pictures and drinking coffee from a travel mug, occasionally getting out of the car to explore or to hike.

Here is my blog "staycation." It takes place in different seasons and locations, but captures the momentum of desired lifestyle.


This place was amazing - so spacious and breathtaking. I felt like a bird careless and free to go anywhere I wanted.


















Here is the ultimate road trip expression. The elegance of the sparkling ice coated trees and the crispness of the air, and the roads that you could drive on for hours and hours never being bored.


















I'm not very good at art if drawing and painting are the only criteria for defining someone's artistic abilities. I love taking pictures though - Mostly, I get attracted by certain combinations of colors, shapes, motion. I want to be able to give people justice when taking a picture of them. I don't mean taking glamor shots, but the skill to match the person's mood with the captured image.

The most amazing discovery for me that in all of this no building or anything created by men can't compare with God's creation that remains infinitely superior in its lasting beauty, charm, grandeur, joy, scents of the air, wind and having your every sense involved in the celebration of life.

Well, until my next staycation.

2 comments:

  1. I like the picture of the snow and sun shining. It is very striking. I found your blog through Liz H.'s blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one :) and of course I loved the pictures to!

    ReplyDelete