Sunday, June 8, 2008

Perfectly subjective restaurant review

I was looking for a recipe for honey bran muffins on recipezaar to use up the honey that I had left over for some time. One of the recipes I ran across was "Close to Mimi's Honey Bran Muffins." Regardless of the value of the recipe at the moment it placed me for a moment in the ambiance of Mimi's. If I think about it, Mimi's is a chain restaurant in the US, yet to me the combination of various subtle components creates a perfectly comfortable habitat :) I'm not even sure what it is - the beautiful view of Pikes Peak from my favorite Mimi's combined with the food that makes you feel stable, confident and grounded in the reality of the hospitable and spacious American existence. It leaves no place for doubts, ambiguity and intellectual neurosis of St. Petersburg. I need Mimi's as my existential paradigm to counteract this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment